Sunday, April 25, 2010

picnics and parties

April 22nd is Chris' bday. I decided to throw a memorial birthday bash. We had a pot luck dinner at sugar house park and wrote messages or memeories on black balloons(his fav color) with silver markers. We sent them off and the kids loved watching them float away. After the park a few of us went up to visit his grave(it has grass now) and Colin drew two pictures for his dad and picked out a car to give him for his birthday.



We had a fun picnic dinner at Wheeler farm with Ash and Annika. We have some pics of these two a year and a half ago on this same bench...too cute! All Colin wanted to do was ride on the tractor and look at the ducks.

This picture Annika sat up on the tractor with Colin and says "I'm the mommy and colin's the daddy"

6 comments:

Shana Smith said...

Ellie, you never seise to amaze me! You had such a beautiful and fun idea for Chris' would be birthday, I am sure that he looked down and loved it. So thoughtful! That little Colin just continues to get cuter and cuter with every new picture you post of him. And you look FABULOUS as well! I hope everything is going well, let me know if you need ANYTHING:)

Tiff@ny said...

Such a wonderful idea for Chris's birthday! I'm sure it was a hard day for you so I am glad you were surrounded by people that love you and Colin. =) Hope you are doing well. Love Colin's little girlfriend! =)

Bradeigh said...

It was a wonderful party Ellie! I'm sorry we didn't make it to the gravesite because of Isaac's little "allergy problem", but I think you did a great job. I'm proud of you and I love you.

Melissa Black Polteno said...

I am sorry that I could not make it. I have been such a bad friend lately. I could not leave work!!! It is definitely amazing what you have had to overcome. You are an example to one and all. I need to call you in the next week or so to get my hair done. Love you Ellz. You are my little sister, I apologize about not making it over.

Jinksfam said...

That is a great idea for Chris' birthday. I love the pictures you took. It looks like it was beautiful.You are an amazing woman! I am so happy to have you as my friend!

Marcus Lane said...

sad we missed it!