Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stitches and Fireworks...

Well, we will start with the day before the big festivities.  Early Friday morning, about 3am, Chris heard Colin fussing and brought him into bed with us.  With the lights all out he must have been disoriented, because he rolled off the side of the bed and slammed his face into the dresser.  I picked him up and tried to soothe him, Chris came running in the room and turned the lights on.  The first thing he said was "oh my gosh".  I looked at Colin and blood was gushing from his eye, I ran to get toilet paper, to try to stop the bleeding and after I wiped it once I knew he needed stitches.  So, we ran him to primary's, and spent until 9 am there.  He got 5 stitches, and although it was very traumatic for him, and us, Colin was a trouper through it all.  I knew the day would come when he would get stitches, I kept knocking on wood that it wouldn't happen too soon.  But I have to be greatful that it wasn't worse.  

On the 4th we had a blast.  We had our annual bbq at my parents and had yummy hambugers and did fireworks.  The boys loved them, Colin was a little nervous about it still, but really liked the bright colors.  We then watched the sugarhouse fireworks from the street. Colin really liked those because he couldn't hear the loud noises.  It was a succesfull day! 



2 comments:

Gulbransen Family said...

I am so sorry that Colin had to get stitches. Aren't early morning hospital runs the most fun ever. Kashton wore the same 4th of July shirt. I swear there are only so many cute clothes for boys so they all end up wearing the same thing. Miss you otnz! Hope that Colin gets better quick

Jinksfam said...

Ohhh poor little Colin! Other than the mishap it looks like you had a great 4th!! I cant wait to have a play date so our little ones can have a blast together!