Thursday, January 22, 2009

My $7,250 phone bill!

For Christmas Chris got me an Iphone...so cute...so fun. Well in order for us to get the lower price of the phone we had to open up another line for $10 more a month. We don't have a house phone so we decided we could use that as an emergancy line in case we need it.
Well for those of you who have a phone with unlimited internet access you know you have to pay like a $30 a month charge. Well we got our phone and put my sim card in it and were having a great time using it all month.
So we look at our bill and low and behold it is over $7,000!!! I guess since we put my card in the phone the unlimited internet fee of $30 isn't on my line, only the new one. So here we are with an ginormous phone bill that we are obviously in the process of disputing, but only time will tell if they decided to drop the charges. If not I guess we will have to get a lawyer...or claim phone bill bankruptcy.
But a word to the wise...be careful, make sure you don't end up in this situation!

3 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

ouch! thats a total bummer

Joanna said...

Man Ellie that totaly sucks! I feel for ya tho. One time Riah got ahold of Shane's phone when she was just about a year old and got into the internet somehow and then stashed his phone somewhere and we couldn't find it and when we finally did, it had been online for about 5 hours straight! Our bill was 700 dollars! Not as extreme as yours but it sucked. Good luck I hope you guys get it all resolved!:)

Gulbransen Family said...

That really sucks. 7,000 dollars do they really think that someone is going to pay that without a fight?